I should probably start a segment called "I suck at cooking but I'm gonna pretend I don't" or something like that, considering every time I decide to post a recipe I start writing and then realise I put exactly zero passion in what I cook, most of the time I simply open the fridge, check what's inside and make something up, and overall the dish itself doesn't take a genius to make and probably doesn't even deserve a recipe.But anyway. Last night I made a suffed courgette and it turned out pretty neat, so there you have it.
What you need
One of those big round courgettes, how's that called... A marrow! There you go. This one to be clear:
Some sort of stuffing. I used cauliflower and sweet potatoes because I had some leftovers, but you can use pretty much anything you want.
What to do
1. Pre-heat the oven at 200°C.
2. Slice the marrow in half, chuck it in a pot and boil it until it gets tender (but not mushy).
3. When the marrow looks ready, fish it out of the pot and CAREFULLY scoop out the inside like this:
Be careful not to burn yourself! You can also wait for the marrow to cool down a little, it's gonna go in the oven in a minute anyway.
4. Insert the stuffing. Mine was already cooked so all I did was heating it up for half a minute in the microwave, but unless you also happen to have some leftovers you'll have to cook your stuffing. I suggest to do this first. (Don't you hate it when recipes are not in chronological order? MUAHUAHUAH.)
5. Sprinkle some nutritional yeast on top and also add some olive oil because oilve oil is freaking life man.
6. Shove everythng in the oven for a while (hell yeah approximation). Well this depends on the oven really. Check from time to time to make sure you're not burning everything up. Your dinner's ready when it looks something like this:
See? It looks fancy but it's like three ingredients and it still tastes super yummy. GO VEGAN!!